[Vision2020] Is this from the Onion or the Borowitz Report? I can't tell...

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Apr 25 11:48:32 PDT 2014

Your insinuation is wrong. He is not is  a hero to any true  conservative. Bundy is wrong on all counts. Most conservatives are not racists. My brother owns a large ranch just north of Bundy and is a past president of the Nevada Cattlemen's Association. He and most other Cattlemen do not support Bundy even though they have had their own battles with the BLM. There may be some good arguments for turning over  federal land to the states, but that is not the current case. From the time the US gained control of western lands they were owned by the Federal Government. In the early days anyone could run their cattle on federal lands. The Taylor Grazing Act of 1934 changed that. Gazing permits were issued to ranches in the area. These were controlled either by the BLM which is under the Department of Interior or the Forest Service  which is in the Agriculture Department. In most cases
cattlemen had to be able to take care of their cattle on their own land for a portion of the year.
Roger