[Vision2020] Bridgeton [New Jersey] dog called to jury duty

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 17 06:12:52 PDT 2014

Courtesy of NJ.com (Newark, New Jersey) at:

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2014/04/bridgeton_dog_called_to_jury_duty.html

------------------------------------
Barking up the wrong tree: Bridgeton dog called to jury duty
BRIDGETON — Some dogs are lucky enough to go to dog shows like Westminster.

IV, the 5-year-old German shepherd owned by Barrett Griner IV, of Hopewell Township, has been called to jury duty.

“All it said on the summons was IV,’’ said Griner. “The only one who lives in this house name IV is my German shepherd."

Actually, that’s not true.

Griner has IV on the end of his name.

“It could have been meant for me,’’ he said. “I’ve been called to jury duty, but not maybe in the last three years.’’

Residents are eligible to serve every three years.

IV has been summoned to petit jury for a term not to exceed one week.

He will receive $5 a day.

He is not allowed to wear shorts or a T-shirt.

Jury management at the Cumberland County Courthouse confirmed Tuesday the summons was meant for Griner. He will now have to contact them to address the summons, officials said.

“If it’s a glitch, why can’t they just fix it?’’ said Griner, unloading bags of lime for the city of Bridgeton Public Works Tuesday morning.

He used his half-hour for lunch to pose with IV for more pictures.

“I just wish it would go away,’’ he said after doing a TV interview Monday night.

IV’s veterinarian, Dr. Bill McAlonan, thinks it’s a hoot.

“It’s a really nice dog,’’ he said. “He’s had all his shots. I’d let him judge me.

“No, he doesn’t have any tattoos or bumper stickers and he doesn’t watch much Duck Dynasty,’’ said McAlonan, looking over his chart at Wilwynn Animal Hospital.

A summons to report for jury duty came in the mail for IV Griner, a five-year-old German shepherd dog, who lives with her owner, Barrett Griner IV, in Hopewell Township. Barrett Griner IV shows the paperwork, Tuesday, April 15, 2014.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

- John Lennon