[Vision2020] Sneaky Sons of Guns

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Fri Sep 27 10:01:36 PDT 2013

The 1912 Building is a community treasure.  It is staffed and cared for by
folks who are committed to providing a meeting place for a variety of
activities and groups in Moscow.  A quick glance at the building calendar
<http://www.1912center.org/cal/index.php>  shows how eclectic, innovative,
and inclusive this special venue is.  It is my sense that the trust of the
caretakers of the 1912 Building is rarely violated - until recently.
Frequent readers of V2020 are aware of the term "covenant lies" which don't
really "count" when told by Kirk members because there is a "war" going on
between members/officials of Christ Church and the rest of us who do not
share their beliefs.

Doug Wilson writes:

"Bearing false witness is therefore civil war - warfare against one's
neighbor, one's brother. It is an act of violence directed against someone
with whom you should be at peace. Conversely, if it is lawful to deceive him
directly and straight up, it is plainly time for a war that has moved beyond
metaphor. . . . We see godly deception as an act of honorable war, or in a
time that was equivalent to war, throughout Scripture. . . .One last
category should be noted. There is a kind of deception that occurs in
spiritual warfare that is the result of the peculiar kind of blindness that
covers the hearts and minds of those who reject God. . . . There are certain
moves, certain strategies, certain plans, certain ways of thinking, that are
God's version of the purloined letter. God hides some of His best work in
plain sight. So should we."

<http://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/deception-and-the-culture-war.h
tml> Deception and the Culture War    Posted on
<http://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/deception-and-the-culture-war.h
tml> Friday, July 12, 2013 by  <http://dougwils.com/author/admin> Douglas
Wilson

So, when I was told that a very large poster was placed in the window of
Anselm House advertising free pizza and free bibles handed out to Moscow
High students on Tuesdays between 11:30 and 1:00 in the Arts room of the
1912 Building my first thought was not "for goodness sakes."

I contacted the director of the 1912 Building and asked about the propriety
of using community owned property for religious proselytizing of minors
without the consent of their parents. I learned that the use of the Arts
Room on Tuesdays during the lunch hour had been represented to her by Randy
Olps, Christ Church deacon, and apparently the brains behind the scheme, as
a means to minister to Moscow High School students who were members of
Christ Church.  Clearly that was not the intent.  (Ms. Kostroff was unaware
of the Come One Come All nature of the poster in the Anselm House window on
5th street  - the poster was removed late yesterday afternoon).  It seemed
to me that there might be liability issues (not to mention community
concern) about luring minors with free food prior to securing parental
consent in view of the Kirkish scriptural indoctrination (recruitment
campaign?) that was going to take place.   I wondered what parents who are
members of different faith communities would think about this effort.  And,
thanks to a thoughtful pal, I wondered how parents and staff of Logos School
would feel about me (and others) sitting on the sidewalk in front of Logos
School handing out contraception information and feminist literature. I
suspect that the answer would be the same from all quarters - do not
approach my children with your hidden agenda to correct or augment home
teachings and values.

The good news is that these events have been cancelled apparently by mutual
agreement.

But, there is an important issue that should not be ignored.  When the Kirk
develops a plan or a goal they will use any convenient means to achieve it.
A bottle of wine, a generous dollop back slapping bonhomie, some cheap
cigars, a furtive dip into the deep pockets of a true believer, delivering a
voting bloc in the upcoming city elections, deliberately obscuring the true
nature of an event - all one in the same - a means to achieve an end.  And,
let it be perfectly understood, being a fellow traveler (however innocently)
for a slice of pizza or a vote brings you into a web of association that is
unlikely to be beneficial in the long run.

"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly,
 'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
  The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
   And I've a many curious things to shew when you are there."

"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain,
 For who goes up your winding stair
  -can ne'er come down again."

Rose Huskey