[Vision2020] Moscow Farmers Market – Activities for September 28th

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Sep 23 09:39:46 PDT 2013

City of Moscow
Arts Department
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: DJ Scallorn, Arts Assistant
p     |  208.883.7036
e     |   dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts

PRESS RELEASE

Title: Moscow Farmers Market – Activities for September 28th

September 23, 2013 – Join us Saturday, September 28th for the Moscow Farmers Market on Main Street and in Friendship Square in Downtown Moscow! The Market runs from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. May through October and features live music, fresh local produce, delicious homemade baked goods, specialty food items, healthy nursery plants, beautiful flowers, and quality handmade crafts.

Music: At Friendship Square live music will be provided by Palouse Promenaders at 11:45 a.m.!

Special Event: UI Homecoming Parade and Sister City.

Vendor of the Week: Tonnemaker Hill Farm featuring varieties of certified organic fresh fruits and vegetables that change depending on the growing season. Highlights include: apples, cherries, pears, peaches, cucumbers, melons, nectarines, peppers, and tomatoes. Tonnemaker Hill Farm has been a vendor at the Moscow Farmers Market for 30 years.

Shop the Market: Area families can use EBT or SNAP benefits. Visit the Shop the Market booth at the City Tent to receive “Market Money” which vendors will accept for approved purchases.

Come and support Idaho’s oldest Farmers Market by purchasing a stainless steel water bottle or our organic cotton shopping bags.  You can check them out at the City Information Tent.  And, if you need help getting your purchases to your vehicle, try using one of the free market wagons.  Don’t forget the Market is accepting SNAP too!

Please remember that no animals, except for ADA service dogs, are allowed at the Moscow Farmers Market.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CEB83D.E554AA50]

* Photo used by permission AlisonMeyerPhotography.com

The City of Moscow Farmers Market is a proud partner and sponsor of Shop the Market. Check for updates and let us know how we are doing on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and Trip Advisor!

###

Story Contact: DJ Scallorn
Phone: 208.883.7036
Email: dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>

High Resolution Photos are available.

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.