[Vision2020] PR - City Hosting "Liquid Assets" Film and Discussion

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Sep 12 08:21:23 PDT 2013

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Screening of groundbreaking public television documentary, "Liquid Assets: The Story of Our Water Infrastructure" to be held at Kenworthy Theatre in Moscow, Idaho

September 12, 2013 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow Water Department will host a screening of the public television documentary "Liquid Assets: The Story of Our Water Infrastructure" on September 16 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Kenworthy theater.  The free screening will begin with a reception and will be followed by a discussion of local water issues.  This screening if free and open to the public.

"Liquid Assets" tells the story of essential infrastructure systems: drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater. These complex and aging systems-some in the ground for more than 100 years-are critical for basic sanitation, public safety, economic development, and a host of other necessities of life. The documentary highlights communities from across the United States, providing an understanding of hidden water infrastructure assets, demonstrating watershed protection approaches, and illustrating twenty-first century solutions.

"The goal of this public service media project is to stimulate community discussion and bring this issue into the public consciousness using television as a catalyst," said executive producer of the documentary, Tom Keiter. "We want 'Liquid Assets' to be more than just a broadcast."

"Liquid Assets" is a production of Penn State Public Broadcasting, WPSU, part of Penn State Outreach, the largest unified outreach organization in the world. As a broadcaster licensed to one of the largest land grant research universities in the country, WPSU is committed to the concept of public service media: developing non-commercial programming on important societal issues and helping to foster community discussions in concurrence with the broadcast. "Liquid Assets" originated from conversations between Penn State Public Broadcasting and the Penn State Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.

Major funding for the "Liquid Assets" documentary was provided by the Colcom Foundation, with additional funding from the Associated General Contractors of America, the American Society of Civil Engineers and its Environmental & Water Resources Institute, Insituform Technologies, and the National Association of Clean Water Agencies.

###

Story Contact: Nichole Baker, Water Conservation Program Manager
Phone: 208.883.7114
Email: nbaker at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:nbaker at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.