[Vision2020] Elephant Ears make Donuts an Endangered Species

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Tue Sep 10 19:45:44 PDT 2013

I heard that a local downtown Moscow business ( 'Buy the Dozen' ) donuts,
will not be having a booth at the county fair this weekend. I learned that
the Elephant Ears vendors had 'exclusive rights' to sell fried dough
products. I would like to complain about this policy-if this report is true.
This policy prevents local vendors from selling products that are
sufficiently different in character than elephant ears. Multiple vendors at
the fair sell hot dogs, I don't see why the public (me) has to be deprived
of the variety of offerings available in the  way of "fried dough" products.
I could find both types of products on sale in past years at the fair. I
could have donuts at lunch and then for dinner a bag of donuts as hors
d'oeuvres, then elephant ears main course, followed by more donuts for
dessert.  Now it'll  just be boring ol' elephant ears, elephant ears,
elephant ears every meal. ;-)

Maybe Buy the Dozen should consider bringing a Federal Anti-Trust suit
against the 4-H or Future Farmers of America or whoever for monopolizing the
fried dough market and for unfair competitive practices.  ;-)

Disclaimer: I do like the 4-H/FFA. But I also like donuts.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker