[Vision2020] Will Idaho be far behind?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 8 23:00:14 PDT 2013

Idaho will ALWAYS far behind.

________________________________
 From: Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com>
To: Ron Force <rforce2003 at yahoo.com>
Cc: Moscow Vision2020 <vision2020 at moscow.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Will Idaho be far behind?

Apparently if my visual acquity degenerates to virtual blindness, I will still be permitted to apply for, and be issued, a permit allowing me to carry a concealed weapon in Idaho.
I won't be permitted to drive in Idaho, but I guess that I will simply go to Iowa and demand that I be issued a driver's license.  Failure on their part to do so would be a clear violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Courtesy of Idaho Firearms Laws at:

http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH33SECT18-3302PrinterFriendly.htm

     Idaho Statutes
TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 33
FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES AND OTHER DEADLY WEAPONS
18-3302.  ISSUANCE OF LICENSES TO CARRY CONCEALED WEAPONS. (1) The sheriff of a county, on behalf of the state of Idaho, shall, within ninety (90) days after the filing of an application by any person who is not disqualified from possessing or receiving a firearm under state or federal law, issue a license to the person to carry a weapon concealed on his person within this state. For licenses issued before July 1, 2006, a license shall be valid for four (4) years from the date of issue. For licenses issued on or after July 1, 2006, a license shall be valid for five (5) years from the date of issue. The citizen's constitutional right to bear arms shall not be denied to him, unless one (1) of the following applies. He:
(a)  Is ineligible to own, possess or receive a firearm under the provisions of state or federal law;
(b)  Is formally charged with a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year;
(c)  Has been adjudicated guilty in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year;
(d)  Is a fugitive from justice;
(e)  Is an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance as defined in 21 U.S.C. 802;
(f)  Is currently suffering or has been adjudicated as follows, based on substantial evidence:
(i)   Lacking mental capacity as defined in section 18-210, Idaho Code;
(ii)  Mentally ill as defined in section 66-317, Idaho Code;
(iii) Gravely disabled as defined in section 66-317, Idaho Code; or
(iv)  An incapacitated person as defined in section 15-5-101(a), Idaho Code.
(g)  Is or has been discharged from the armed forces under dishonorable conditions;
(h)  Is or has been adjudicated guilty of or received a withheld judgment or suspended sentence for one (1) or more crimes of violence constituting a misdemeanor, unless three (3) years have elapsed since disposition or pardon has occurred prior to the date on which the application is submitted;
(i)  Has had entry of a withheld judgment for a criminal offense which would disqualify him from obtaining a concealed weapon license;
(j)  Is an alien illegally in the United States;
(k)  Is a person who having been a citizen of the United States has renounced his or her citizenship;
(l)  Is under twenty-one (21) years of age;
(m)  Is free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal or sentencing for a crime which would disqualify him from obtaining a concealed weapon license; or
(n)  Is subject to a protection order issued under chapter 63, title 39, Idaho Code, that restrains the person from harassing, stalking or threatening an intimate partner of the person or child of the intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

"There's room at the top they are telling you still But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon

List services made available by First Step Internet,
              http://www.fsr.net/
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com