[Vision2020] Who said ...

Nielsen, Ralph nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Sep 7 09:14:10 PDT 2013

Here's a copy of what I recently posted in the Lewiston Tribune. It also applies to Judd Wilson.

Jolene Peirson wrote, "Our country was formed under God, and we must not let that be taken away from us."
In fact, during the Constitutional Convention in the long, hot summer of 1787 in Philadelphia, not a single prayer was uttered to God.
"On June 28, Franklin made the following note: "The Convention, except three or four persons, thought prayers unnecessary."
From: We the People; The Story of Our Constitutional Convention, by Richard T. Burress. (Hoover Institution, Stanford University, [1987]), p. 11.

Correct.

However, it should be noted at September 6, 2013 was not a year ago.  It is today, Mr. Arnold.

A correct, and more precise, quote (extracted from the video):

"From the Pilgrims on the Mayflower to George Washington to Patrick Henry to Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson [my emphasis] through today, we have been a people who put our faith in Jesus Christ."

Apparently, Judd Wilson holds the former Confederate States of America (the losers of the U.S. Civil War and supporters of slavery) in high regard.

http://www.MoscowCares.com<http://www.moscowcares.com/>