[Vision2020] "approval" vs. "authorization"

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 13:26:50 PDT 2013

"a
national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

That's about as wide open as a barn door. I'm sure
somebody in the US, or the
US Government lost some possession by Syria, felt attacked, or a troop
was injured.

And;

" the President can commit the US to an armed conflict only if
authorized by Congress"
Again, what does "commit" mean. Surely launching a few thousand missiles
is not a commitment of our armed forces. It could be a military exercise.

My understanding, is the United States President cannot
continue an attack or deploy US Troops for more then 90 days without permission
of Congress, and must remain within the budget constraints set by Congress.
Donovan J. Arnold