[Vision2020] Alive at 25 (Sept 29, 2013)

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 19:03:58 PDT 2013

I'm not arguing against the advice. I just dislike the moralistic tone. Advice is good but do you think lecturing young folks about the dangers of m-jay is going to do any good? To whom? Some kids have the message already, and they are ready to listen. For them the program is unnecessary. For others, this is laughable bullshit.

And I'm not bent about anything. I like to express my views; I like to go against the status quo. In addition, I was a troubled youth. Certainly I needed guidance and information but I was rebellious and untrusting of authority. I would never go to something like this and if you forced me to go I'd have laughed my way through it and been otherwise disruptive.

Show me the success of these programs. They strike me as bullshit programs that folks set up to make themselves feel as if they are "helping."