[Vision2020] Discussing Marijuana via Social Media

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:02:51 PDT 2013

Two things: First, the article commits several fallacies. For instance, it
starts off condemning comments merely because they come from the Huffington
Post. Second, it is well known that for a long time there was no government
funding for studies done on the positive or medicinal benefits of
marijuana, so this is an area where the research is biased. I don't have a
problem with folks explaining the harmful effects of drugs, no matter the
drug but if we are being truthful, in the case of marijuana, it is
difficult to say just how bad (or good) it is. Here's to a better future in
that regard!

On the lighter side, here is a fun post on the topic -- from Huffington
Post!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/marijuana-deaths_n_3860418.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009