[Vision2020] ketogenic diets

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 13:37:46 PDT 2013

You're assuming the disaster is real, then giving me heck for putting us in danger by questioning it.  The same can be said of dealing with the imminent faerie attack that will happen next month if we don't give up pizza.  Because the outcome is so dire, we need to look at it closer.  Specifically, we need to be aware of the idea of what a "cascade" is, and to try our best to avoid it if it has begun.

I'm not working for the fossil fuel industry, I'm not making a buck selling books.  I'm just concerned that there is a potential for what I would have described a few days ago as climate scientists having blinders on, but which I can now happily describe as being in the midst of a cascade.  Lots of things make me worry about that.  The politics involved, the emphasis on consensus, the demonizing of skeptics, and the sudden urge by every progressive in the area to refute me for bringing it up as an aside in a conversation on a totally unrelated topic.

Paul