[Vision2020] Not Going Off the Cliff

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Oct 31 05:59:32 PDT 2013

Courtesy of today's (October 31, 2013) Lewiston Tribune with thanks to Steve McGeehan.

---------------------------------
Not Going Off the Cliff
I am pleased to report that Moscow is not falling off an economic cliff. And, despite the lopsided news being touted by the Greater Moscow Alliance, our city is not anti-business.
During the past few years, dozens of businesses have either opened their doors or expanded. Examples include the Fairview Inn by Mariott, Economic Modeling Simulation International, Viral Science Inc., O'Reilly Auto Parts, Mailina, The Pie Hole, Dutch Brothers, Book People and others too numerous to list here.
The Farmers Market has grown by leaps and bounds, and is a magnet for our downtown.
Businesses are thriving at the Alturas Technology Park and Legacy Crossing is becoming a reality. Walmart decided to rebuild an expanded store and donated $87,500 to SMART Transit (Moscow's free local bus service).
How has this happened in a supposed "anti-business" climate?
Part of the credit goes to our mayor's efforts to sell Moscow as a great place to live, work, play and do business. Nancy Chaney is a tireless ambassador for our city, telling people at the local, state and national level of the value and unique character of our city.
Instead of perpetuating an anti-business myth, I think the GMA needs to get busy promoting Moscow. Chaney has and it's working. And that's why I'm voting to re-elect her for another four years.
Steve McGeehan
Moscow

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"Corporations are an oppressed minority forced to move headquarters from state to state in search of friendlier tax codes--sometimes being forced to live just off our shores in tiny mailboxes."

- John Oliver, The Daily Show