[Vision2020] Healthcare.gov user experience

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:11:55 PDT 2013

I visited the site and here is my impression:

Clumsy
Amateurish
Repetitive
Archaic
Ill-conceived
Cumbersome
Slow

My wife spent 45 minutes working her way through it before giving up and snapping, "You finish."
It took me another hour to finish the process.
Now, neither my wife or I are inexperienced with working online and we both had trouble with navigating the site.
Of particular note is the fact that there wasn't an indication that some "buttons" were links while other did change the cursor.
I spent 10 minutes going in circles before accidentally clicking on a button that didn't appear to be a link.

My impression is that whoever designed the site hasn't kept up with modern methods and probably hasn't designed any in a decade or so. It actually reminded me of angelfire in the 90's.