[Vision2020] Fw:Subject: Sunday 10/20: Beautiful Fall Walk, Annual White Pine Meeting, and Pizza

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Oct 16 13:20:24 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Subject: Sunday 10/20: Beautiful Fall Walk, Annual White Pine Meeting, and Pizza
From: "Whitepine chapter INPS"
To: "White Pine Chapter"
Date: 10/16/13 07:05:40

 Good weather predicted!

>From 1:30-3:30 pm, enjoy a beautiful Fall day in Phillips Farm County Park*.
*See details at bottom*.
 4:00 pm: Join us for our Annual White Pine Meeting in Moscow's 1912 Center Great Room.  Bring your ideas for 2014, and let us know how we can help make it another fine year! We have some events in the planning stage that we will discuss.  Also, this is your chance to meet officer candidates and approve them by vote.  We have a new roaming board member, Thad Davis, and Judy Ferguson has expressed interest in serving as an officer. We are so pleased to have their input-and will welcome YOURS!  If you are interested or want to recommend someone as an officer, please let us know.
  At 5:00, we'll conclude with pizza and a salad/dessert potluck.  The chapter will provide the pizza, with both meat and vegetarian options.  If you are able, please bring a salad or a dessert. Non-alcoholic beverages are also welcome. If you are planning to attend the pizza gathering, please RSVP so we will know how many pizzas to order.
 *Phillips Farm County Park* Details:  Our guide will be Lee Anne Eareckson, Phillips Farm visionary and MHS environmental club adviser.  Botanists of all levels-bring your knowledge & field guides of north Idaho forests and Palouse Prairie, and we'll add to an existing species list.  Bertie Weddell compiled the list in January 1999: http://www.whitepineinps.org/pub/Virgil_Phillips_Farm_012399.pdf
Enjoy naturalist Terry Gray's photography of the park: http://www.flickr.com/photos/terryandchristine/sets/72157594186154748/
Trails in the Park may have low, wet spots-wear appropriate footgear.  Most trails have a gentle grade.  We'll see two small ponds, which attract moose, waterfowl, and amphibians-including a unique newt.
Carpooling:
Meet at Rosauer's, Moscow, at 1:00 pm.  The park is approximately 5 miles north of Moscow on the west side of Highway 95.
We look forward to seeing you for the walk, annual meeting, pizza and potluck!

- White Pine Board