[Vision2020] Fw: shutdown blues

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 11:53:40 PDT 2013

You left out some other key facts, Roger.
His administration has persecuted more whistle blowers than any other. (Yes, I used "persecuted" intentionally)
He signed the NDAA, which allows for the indefinite detention of Americans.
He's kept secret courts in place.
Domestic spying has flourished under his leadership.

So much for the transparent administration he promised. Anyone who thinks our freedom are important should be railing against this idiot and his administration.

A few months ago, there was an outcry in light of the domestic spying revelations. Now, nothing. I guess those on the left don't give a damn any more than the right does.

Back in November of 2008, during a discussion of gun control in this forum, I stated:

"With a Democratic, avowed anti-gun president about to take office, along with Democratic majorities in both houses, the pathway to gun banning is much smoother.
What do I have at stake in this? Nothing, as far as guns are concerned, I don't own a gun. I don't have time to hunt very often, and my camera gear takes away from any "gun budget".  I loved hunting birds when I was younger
However, the way I see it, the only way for a gun ban to work would be by a reduction in Fourth Amendment rights, which would allow police to make searches and seizures without probable cause. We've already seen these rights come under assault with the current president AND legislators, Democratic and Republican, with the Patriot Act, which should have been called the "Fear Act" because it was passed due fear, not patriotism.
Should this happen, there will be people who will speak out, if enough of them do, the government will be forced to shut them up. The easiest way to do that would be to curtail our First Amendment guarantees.
The Bill of Rights is the archway under which democracy passes, if any of the amendments are removed, the arch will collapse, taking the rest and killing our freedoms.
It should be obvious that the amendments in the Bill of Rights are interdependent. Unfortunately, people tend to have tunnel vision and only look at one at a time."

So here we are, we've now seen the DOJ go after reporters, along with whistleblowers. The IRS has targeted individuals and groups for their political beliefs. And now it has been revealed that we are all being monitored/spied on.

The attacks on our First and Fourth Amendment rights by our government are obvious.

Back in '08, my statements were called "melodramatic". Recent revelations have proven otherwise, I think.