[Vision2020] Concerning the Government Shutdown . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 2 10:45:56 PDT 2013

"In the event of a shutdown, stateside commissaries, including Alaska and Hawaii, will be open for a full business day on Oct. 1 to reduce the amount of perishables on-hand before beginning a systematic closure process to account for unsold products and secure facilities.

Jeu recommends that customers stay tuned in to their local news outlets for information about any impact to services on their installations.

During a shutdown, commissary customers should be able to access the DeCA website. However, that site and the agency’s social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and other sites – would not be updated after Oct. 1 until the shutdown is over. Customers should be able to access the Department of Defense website, and its social media platforms for any updated information and breaking news that affects service members and federal government civilian employees."

Source:

http://www.commissaries.com/press_room/press_release/2013/DeCA_67_13.cfm

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon