[Vision2020] A Thanksgiving Contemplation from Thich Nhat Hanh

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 09:06:18 PST 2013

*Thanks Giving Meal Prayer*
*The Five Contemplations*
*1.*    *This food is the gift of the whole universe: the earth, the sky,
numerous living beings and much hard, loving work.*
*2.*    *May we eat with mindfulness and gratitude so as to be worthy to
receive it.*
*3.*    *May we recognize and transform our unwholesome mental formations,
especially our greed, and learn to eat with moderation.*
*4.*    *May we keep our compassion alive by eating in such a way that we
reduce the suffering of living beings, preserve our planet, and reverse the
process of global warming.*
*5.*    *We accept this food so that we may nurture our sisterhood and
brotherhood, strengthen our community, and nourish our ideal of serving all
living beings.*

By  Zen Master - Thich Nhat Hanh
P.S.  When my Word spell checker went through my Gandhi book and was
somehow on automatic replace, and every where I had his name, Bill Gates
thought that he knew better: "This That Hand"!