[Vision2020] PR - Probation and Parole Structure Fire

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Fri Nov 22 11:57:09 PST 2013

City of Moscow
Administration
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p    |  208-883-7006
e    |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w   |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Probation & Parole Structure Fire

November 22, 2013 (Moscow, Idaho) On Thursday, November 21th, 2013 at 08:07 am, officers with the Moscow Police Department and firefighters with the Moscow Volunteer Fire Department, responded to a reported structure fire at 2113 South Main Street.  The single story structure is a satellite office of District 2 Probation and Parole.

At 8:11 am, the first officer on the scene noticed smoke coming from the west side of the structure.  First responders determined the building was unoccupied and set up a perimeter around the structure while Moscow Volunteer Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.

Based on the findings at the scene, it has been determined that the fire was intentionally set.  Anyone who observed suspicious activity around the building between 07:00 and 08:00 am, Thursday morning or has any information about this criminal act is asked to call (208) 882-2677 or our Anonymous Tip line at (208) 892-3898.  The Moscow Police Department is offering a reward of up to $1,000 dollars for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the person(s) responsible for this structure fire.

###
Story Contact: Chief David Duke
Phone: 883-7059
Email: dduke at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dduke at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.