[Vision2020] How Munich rejected Steve Ballmer and kicked Microsoft out of the city

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 21:18:43 PST 2013

Interesting story.  It took Munich a full decade to implement this.  I switched over to Apple OSX about 6 years years ago first on MacBook Pro and iMac and then on a MacAir.  Microsoft actually made the transition quite easy by supporting their Office suite on Mac.  I've recently upgraded to OSX Mavericks and bought the competing Apple products for $19.99 each from the App Store (Pages, Numbers, Keynote which are respectively Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).  I also tried Open Office and Google Docs a couple of years ago but didn't find them too much to my liking.  I still think Microsoft is doing some things extremely well and I wish them continued success.  I hope they choose a world class CEO who is exactly the right fit for them.  And I found Microsoft Windows 7, which I ran under Parallels on my MacAir, to be a very nice operating system.