[Vision2020] Staben named President

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 10:49:58 PST 2013

Dear U-Idaho Family,

We are proud to announce that Dr. Chuck Staben is the 18th president of the University of Idaho. The Idaho State Board of Education voted unanimously to appoint Staben at a special meeting of the board this morning in Moscow. He will begin leading the university March 1, 2014. This is an exciting day for all of us at the University of Idaho and we are thrilled to welcome Dr. Staben to our Vandal family.

The University has clearly gained a proven leader. Dr. Staben comes to us most recently after serving as the provost and vice president for academic affairs at the University of South Dakota, a position he has held since 2008. He previously served in the capacity of vice president for research at the University of Kentucky and as a professor of biology at that institution. He holds a doctoral degree in biochemistry from the University of California, Berkeley.

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA