[Vision2020] And the beat goes on . . .

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 10:57:43 PDT 2013

I'll never understand this fascination with highly-publicized shootings.

If today is an average day, and the averages for 2013 are in line with 2010, then 33 people will die today in the US due to a firearm-related homicide, 49 will die in a firearm-related suicide, and one will die due to an unintentional shooting.

Yet it's these highly-publicized shootings that cause people to suddenly get concerned about guns, oftentimes long before any reliable information can be found about what even happened, let alone any other related information pertinent to the issue of guns in America.

Paul