[Vision2020] Pat Condell -- Muslims must reject jihad

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri May 31 14:47:31 PDT 2013

On 5/31/2013 2:17 PM, Paul Rumelhart wrote:
> By the way, "In God We Trust" is the our national motto, as signed
> into law by Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956.  If people out there want
> "In God We Trust" removed from their currency, they should lobby for a
> change to our national motto.  Personally, I like "E Pluribus Unum"
> better (From Many Into One), because that supports actual unity
> instead of the divisiveness that is tearing this country apart.

E Pluribus Unum is more likely a part of the problem than it is part of
a solution.  While it may be the case that cheering on team efforts in a
competition among other teams is useful or comforting, the fact of our
increasingly less hierarchical and and more networked social
organization is that peer-to-peer and network-to-network relationships
are now more common, and more important, not just within this country
but around the world, both within and among countries and companies.  We
need adjustable, dynamic organization charts that can be more readily
modified to meet the needs and exigencies of necessary problem-solving
rather than just historically inertial, traditional, fixed,
relationships among solution-generating and strategy-deciding workers
and officers.

Ken