[Vision2020] Moscow Supports PUBLIC Education!

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Wed May 22 08:05:28 PDT 2013

A very silver lining in an otherwise dismal picture of education funding.  I was afraid it was doomed by the playing fields and the letter to the editor which was such a blatant misstatement of fact.  I should have realized folks in Moscow are smarter than that.  I did get what I thought was a reasonable explanation for the inclusion of the Joseph St. Property from Jennifer Barrett, whose opinion is  always solid.  So I was satisfied.

Step 2.  Tomorrow night at the Moscow Middle School the Board and the MEA will meet for Bargaining Session #2 under those restrictive laws passed again this past session. (Which our Board members did not support.)  It’s open to the public and I’m hoping the community support for education results in a meeting of goodwill between the two groups and a restoration of the policies which were contained in the original master contract until the Luna Laws removed them.  This will be a great opportunity for the Board to restore those measures, most certainly those which do not require a significant infusion of money.

See you there.