[Vision2020] Lincoln and the Internet

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Tue May 21 16:57:40 PDT 2013

On 5/21/2013 3:36 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> I'm pretty sure this is actually a Thomas Jefferson quote.
>
> 931408_10151445635181275_678899820_n.jpg

There have been many Thomas Jeffersons on this planet through the years.

Here's a quote from the Thomas Jefferson who was President of the United
States:

[...] a statement Jefferson made in a letter to John Taylor in 1816. He
wrote,
"And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more
dangerous than standing armies;
and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under
the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."[3]
<http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/private-banks-quotation#footnote3_qmdspfu>

[3] Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, Monticello, 28 May 1816. Ford
<http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/short-title-list>
11:533.

And, from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, a suggestion:

     "Awake! Arise! The hour is late!
         Angels are knocking at the door!
         They are in haste and cannot wait.
And once departed come no more."