[Vision2020] McConnell Looking at 'All the Options' to Legalize Hemp Production in Kentucky

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon May 20 08:49:36 PDT 2013

Courtesy of WFPL News (Louisvilke, Kentucky) at:

McConnell Looking at 'All the Options' to Legalize Hemp Production in Kentucky

Kentucky’s senior U.S. Senator says he plans to do his part to help the commonwealth’s farmers eventually grow industrial hemp.

Republican Leader Mitch McConnell says he and fellow Senator Rand Paul met with state Agriculture Commissioner Jamie Comer last week as Comer toured Washington to drum-up for support for legalizing the crop.

McConnell declined to gauge the possible success of comer’s lobbying efforts…

"I don’t know yet," he said.  "It may require legislation and of course that’s why Commissioner Comer was here to talk to Sen. Paul and myself.   We’re going to be exploring the legislative options, obviously.   If the administration were to give some kind of waiver, we probably would not need legislation.  So we’re looking at all the options to make it possible."

Among other things, industrial hemp can be used to make clothing, paints, cosmetics and rope.  Last month, Kentucky’s legislature passed a bill to establish an industrial hemp program if the federal government makes it legal.

Legalize it!  Regulate it!  Tax it!

Seeya at the Wingding, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon