[Vision2020] John Weber Running for Moscow City Council

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 18 09:53:14 PDT 2013

Courtesy of the INKster (Vera White) in today's (May 18, 2013).

A couple of names heading for the hat
John Weber has plans for his retirement years. The 65-year-old, who retired May 3 from Odom Corp. beer and wine distributors, recently announced his intention to run for the Moscow City Council this fall. John is no stranger to city politics, having served on the council from January 2006-10.
"Now that I am retired I can give the time necessary for the job," John told the INKster. "When I was on the council I enjoyed the time working with and for the people of Moscow."
John moved to Moscow in 1953 with his family when he was in the third grade. He graduated from Moscow High School in 1965. He attended the University of Idaho and graduated in 1973 with a degree in business and in 1976 with a Master of Business Administration.
What does John consider the biggest challenge facing the city?
"We have got to change the perception that we are not business friendly - that we are not looking to increase the tax base and to provide living wage jobs," he said.
The INKster had the pleasure last week of lunching with John and former Daily News co-worker Peter Harriman and wife Jeanne. As he does every year, Peter was visiting from South Dakota to run in the 37th annual Bloomsday race in Spokane.
When asked about other candidates, John said he had talked to Art Bettge recently, who had indicated he might run. Art is chairman of Moscow Planning and Zoning Commission. The INKster was unable to reach Art to confirm.

Seeya at the Wingding, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon