[Vision2020] It's up!

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue May 14 11:06:51 PDT 2013

I am delighted, indeed eager, to be identified as intolerant of the  vile and dangerous words flowing from the mouth and pen of Moscow’s infamous (and these days third or fourth tier), minister, Doug Wilson.  Weak men love patriarchy – it provides them the justification to bully women and children.  It fills all the cracks and crevices that others recognize as gaping holes in their moral character and intellectual capacity. It justifies and celebrates the antebellum south.  Patriarchy  gives mediocre, immature men what is so profoundly missing in their lives -  a sense of self worth automatically granted not on achievement or character  but solely on  gender.  It is unimaginable to me,  that you, Paul, in your apparently fanatical desire to be a recognized as a contrarian continue to defend the indefensible.  Do you ever find yourself even slightly embarrassed when you read crap like the material quoted below?  Do you want to be known as a person who defends that philosophy, Paul?  And, please don’t split hairs by claiming that Doug has the right to free speech – we all get that.  What I don’t get is why you think his disgusting drivel should go unchallenged.

“When we quarrel with the way the world is, we find that the world has ways of getting  back at us.  In other words, however we try, the sexual act cannot be made into an egalitarian pleasuring party.  A man penetrates, conquers, colonizes, plants.  A woman receives, surrenders, accepts.  This is of course offensive to all egalitarians, and so our culture has reveled against the concept of authority and submission in marriage.  This means that we have sought to suppress the concepts of authority and submission as they relate to the marriage bed.  But we cannot make gravity disappear just because we dislike it, and in the same way we find that our banished authority and submission comes back to us in pathological forms.  This is what lies behind sexual bondage and submission games, along with very common rape fantasies.  Men dream of being rapists, and women find themselves wistfully reading novels in which someone ravishes the “soon to be made willing” heroine. Thos who deny they have any need for water at wall will soon find themselves lusting water polluted water, but water nonetheless. True authority and true submission are therefore an erotic necessity.

Douglas Wilson, Fidelity, What It Means to Be a One-Woman Man, Moscow, Idaho Canon Press, 1999

Rose Huskey