[Vision2020] Caturday (May 11, 2013)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 11 05:16:33 PDT 2013

Courtesy of the Chronicle (Toowoomba, Australia) at:

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/a-two-legged-cats-battle-to-stay-alive-has-whipped/1861901/

--------------------------------------
Anyone want a cat with two legs?
A TWO-LEGGED cat's battle to stay alive has whipped up a storm of online support reaching far beyond Toowoomba's borders.

The ravaged feline, christened Super Ted, was bundled into West Toowoomba Vet Surgery by the RSPCA pet ambulance last week.

His front-right and back-left legs had been severed, along with half of his tail.

Ordinarily, a cat in such a state would have been euthanised.

Surgery owner Christine Burke said Super Ted made it clear he had not given up on life.

"We first used Facebook to try finding his owner, but we couldn't find anyone," she said.

The photo went viral and was eventually picked up by RSPCA Queensland and promoted on its Facebook page.

"The RSPCA was going to struggle to pay the $1000 for surgery, so we did it and asked for people to donate," Ms Burke said.

The request went viral, and the price tag was reached within a matter of days.

Dozens of offers to re-home the bipedal battler have been whittled down to three potential families.

"He hasn't whined once, even when he just had his stumps," Ms Burke said.

Staff members at the surgery have asked as many dog owners as possible to get involved in Toowoomba's Million Paws walk fundraiser at Queens Park from 9am on Sunday, May 19.

"All the money helps the RSPCA in Toowoomba help animals like Ted," Ms Burke said.

Super Ted, the two-legged cat, has been saved from certain death by the staff at West Toowoomba Vet Surgery.

Super Ted's health has rapidly improved since his surgery last week.

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon