[Vision2020] Not mainline GOP thinking

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 7 10:04:45 PDT 2013

Courtesy of the Letters section of today's (May 7, 2013) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks and appreciation to Don Meyer.

-------------------------------------

Not mainline GOP thinking
Dave Klingenberg and Gresham Bouma must truly live in a dream world. If they actually believe they are speaking for the majority of the Latah County Republicans.
They actually represent a vocal minority that represent a far-right agenda most of us in the party simply don't agree with. I think they have shown their true colors by their biased statement concerning the gay rights statute passed by the Moscow City Council. According to their way of thinking Walter Steed should not have voted in a nonpartisan way on that issue but upheld their narrow view of minority rights. Do they have a problem with gays receiving equal rights under the law?
What other minorities would they bar from equal rights in their view?
Klingenberg and Bouma, I think your views have severely tarnished the image of the Latah GOP. It is you two who are the problem, not Steed. Further, if either of you plan to run for office again don't expect the support of mainstream Republicans like me. Many of us are tired of you trying to discredit Steed; if you are so dissatisfied with party leadership and direction, perhaps you should find a group more willing to support your ideas.
I, for one, would be glad to hold the door for you as you leave.
Don Meyer
Moscow

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon