[Vision2020] Any gun ranges or gun clubs near Moscow?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 22:08:19 PDT 2013

Kind, gentle people of the Viz,

Since I have no positive karma on this forum anyway, I figure, what the
heck.  Why not ask this question.

I've recently been trying to find a place where I can target practice
with a .22 target pistol.  There is a place near St. Maries I have used
in the past, but I'm not always up there and it's too far to drive just
to plink a few rounds into a cardboard box.

What I'd like to find is an actual gun range, where I can shoot at
targets where I can feel at least somewhat safe that someone isn't going
to get hurt.  I'm a relative newbie at target shooting, at least within
the last 15 years or so.  If I can find some ammo, somewhere, (it's just
.22 long rifle ammo for chrissakes) I'd love to spend an evening every
few weeks becoming familiar again with shooting and hopefully improving
my aim and my familiarity with my weapons.

Is there anything like that around here?  How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Also, has anyone here ordered ammunition online?  I've done a little
research, and it appears to be legal to buy ammo online and to ship it
to Idaho, at least as far as I can tell.  I have occasionally found some
ammo online, but it is really hit or miss.  I've never screwed up the
courage to order any, though.

Paul