[Vision2020] I was wrong about the jackass of the day

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 21:12:56 PDT 2013

For every person that matches the redneck stereotype you so aptly
described below, there will be at least one "progressive" that will
become convinced that if someone has a gun on their hip or slung over
their shoulder, then they just *have* to pull the trigger.

What I suspect will happen, if the event actually gets off the ground,
is that they will probably be shut down because of their lack of a
permit.  Some of the more vocal among them will get arrested.  I doubt a
shot will be fired.  If it does, I place it at an even 50/50 odds who
will precipitate that event.  If a shot is fired, for whatever reason,
we will hear about it non-stop for the next 5 weeks.

As an aside, congratulations on the use of the phrase "foment anarchy".
It's a nice totalitarian term that basically means nothing.  If they
were truly "fomenting anarchy", they would be advocating for the lack of
a government and a lack of rules, which is what anarchy means.  As it
is, they are asserting a right, which is quite different than fomenting
anarchy, rebellion, or insurrection.

That's not to say that I think this is a smart move, since accidents can
and do happen and may precipitate something that isn't intended.

Paul