[Vision2020] Fw:How do the Stimulus work

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Mar 28 17:00:16 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
Subject: How do the Stimulus work
From: "Tom and Claire"
To: "Anderson Kendrick"
Date: 03/28/13 03:26:10

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House.
One is from Chicago, another is from Tennessee, and the third is from Montana . All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Montana contractor takes out a measuring tape, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900. That's $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700. That's $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys. How did you come up with such a high figure?" The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."

"Done!" replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how the Government Stimulus plan worked.