[Vision2020] Another one

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 12:29:01 PDT 2013

>From an AP story on Idaho legislators' offices:

On the Idaho Senate floor, Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll's deep Catholic faith regularly guides her votes. In recent weeks, she's objected to Gov. C.L. (Butch) Otter's health insurance exchange, arguing it's absent adequate protections against barring insurance companies from covering abortions.
No reassurances from her Republican colleagues could allay her wariness.
In her Senate office, Nuxoll's faith also sets the tone, with one wall dominated by photos of her son at his ordination as a Catholic priest in Rome in December 2011.
It was a joyous occasion, she said, pointing to another photo of her family in front of the Colosseum where gladiators once fought; nearly everybody was there.
"Father Reuben," as she proudly calls her son, is now in Santiago, Chile, with the Legionaries of Christ; Nuxoll continues her own work in Boise.
"The church is extremely important to me," said Nuxoll, R-Cottonwood. "The principles of the Catholic Church are just common sense. That's what we should be agreeing on - good moral principles."

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA