[Vision2020] REMINDER: KRFP Real Radio Dinner & Auction

Henry D. "Hank" Johnston hearseboy85 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 08:57:15 PDT 2013

Courtsey of Vera White in today's Moscow-Pullman Daily News...

The INKster heard from her old friend Henry Johnston this week asking if
she would make mention of the March 23 annual KRFP Real Radio Dinner and
auction at the 1912 Center in Moscow.

"For what it's worth, I'll be donning my gold lamé tuxedo," Johnston wrote.
"No, not really, but I promise I will look sharp as the emcee for the
evening."

Johnston describes the evening "as the kind of affair where beer, wine and
appetizers will be served to those who attend the happy hour starting at
6:30 p.m. and include headline-makers, the avant-garde and the picks of the
Algonquin Round Table."

At 7 p.m., "an amazing dinner catered by the great chefs at Vlads will be
served.

After guests are sufficiently full of appetizers and libations, there will
be a raffle for a variety of "fabulous" prizes as well as a silent and live
auction featuring donations from local businesses and KRFP supporters.

"All the money raised goes to support Radio Free Moscow in their mission to
bring you the best community, non-commercial radio known to humankind,"
Johnston explained. "We'll also be having a special moment where you can
also donate specifically to the KRFP full power project."

Johnston may have gotten an early start on the happy hour. Whatever!

Tickets are $30 per person and available at BookPeople of Moscow or online
at kfrp.org until Monday.

"We are only selling 100 tickets and they are going fast," Johnston said.