[Vision2020] Indian population factiod

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri Mar 15 16:52:43 PDT 2013

On 3/15/2013 4:21 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> If our government wants to win friends and influence people (as the
> saying goes) in India . . . BUILD SCHOOLS!

I wonder if their cultural caste system gets in the way of the
traditional American idea of classless mobility based on personal
initiative toward work and school.

Schools certainly are a good idea as indoctrination, pacification, and
social control institutions, not to mention education delivery conduits
for the ideas favored by those in real control of the production,
property, and political patriarchy of the populace. However, wide
diversity and religious differences may make agreeing on curricula in
India more difficult, so the "do nothing" alternative has been adopted
more frequently there.

> Something we should have considered doing in Afghanistan years and
> years ago.

Americans have been dancing among and around the spilled contents of a
box of lit firecrackers in the Middle East since the end of World War
II.  Never mind that we lit many of them ourselves.

Ken