[Vision2020] A simple matter of . . .

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Jun 30 14:01:54 PDT 2013

On 6/30/2013 11:25 AM, Scott Dredge wrote:
> It's a simple matter of equality AND a simple matter of inequality.
>
> Here is the latest scorecard for our less than happy same gender
> couple below:
>
> The section of the California State Constitution which was amended by
> prop 8 by popular vote to codify 'Only marriage between a man and a
> woman is valid or recognized in California' was struck down as
> violating the 14th Amendment of the United States Constitution.
> Hence, California recognizes same gender marriages as valid
> representing a simple matter of marriage equality (=).
>
> The section of the Idaho State Constitution which was amended by
> overwhelming popular vote to read 'A marriage between a man and a
> woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or
> recognized in this state' has not *yet* been deemed in violation of
> the United States Constitution.  Thus, Idaho deems all same gender
> marriages invalid representing a simple matter of marriage inequality (>).
>
> Simple, ain't it?

Well, almost.

The image one thinks one is projecting may not be the one that is seen
by another observer.

For example, looking at the fellow with the pointy thing on his shirt,
 >, another person might get the impression that he is suggesting that
he is greater than.  Were the fellow with the pointy thing on his shirt
to look at it in a mirror, he would find that the image is reversed, <,
and he is actually less than.

Suggesting one action, then acting in a different manner, may result in
a disappointed double-take, as = illustrates.

Ken