[Vision2020] Fwd: FW: Marijuana in Idaho Training: Medical, Media & Misconceptions

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 27 06:33:25 PDT 2013

Joe inquisitively comments:

"I just don't get why one would choose to focus on marijuana."

In my opinion, Joe, it can be summed up in one word: Pharmaceuticals.

Cannabis-based pharmaceuticals were legal many, MANY years ago.  Such medicines were used primarily as pain relievers.  A "co-op" was organized (to criminaize cannabis) among corporations that manufactured pharmaceuticals resulting in "pain relief" becoming a "sub-industry" within the pharmaceutical industry.

If marijuana were legalized, regulated, and taxed it would cut significantly into the bottom-line of these pharmaceutical companies.

If you believe that the primary purpose of pharmaceutical companies is to research and develop cures, you are sadly mistaken.  They exist to maintain an ever-increasing customer base.

Sidebar:  Many pharmaceutical companies aided in the financing of "Reefer Madness", suggesting that continued use of marijuana results in extremely dangerous hallucinations, among other threats.

Having "embibed" in my younger years, I can honestly state that I did not see little green men . . . until after I enlisted into the Army.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon