[Vision2020] Moscow Family Medicine

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Wed Jul 31 13:00:42 PDT 2013

On 7/31/2013 12:15 PM, Saundra Lund wrote:
> Does anyone know what on earth is going on at Moscow Family Medicine?!
> <[snip]>
> Unbelievable.
>
> I really hate to see this happening to MFM.  To be honest, we've seen a
> significant decline in the quality of the practice management over the last
> 6-7 years or so, but I was optimistic that they'd get that straightened out.
>
> I'm no longer optimistic.

As generations of doctors change from one to another, the younger
generation, and their hired help, need to be educated concerning
customer service expectations.  Sometimes they're receptive, sometimes
not.  As with other areas of endeavor, no effort, no success.

Moscow residents are at a bit of a medical services disadvantage with
the larger proportion of young, healthy, University students in the
community, which results in the number of physicians per capita in
Moscow being about half of the national average simply because there is
not enough medical business to support the number of medical personnel
here that another area, with a more usual distribution of ages among the
residents, would be able to support profitably.

Ken