[Vision2020] Why do we need immigration reform?

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 10:53:31 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I haven't followed the brouhaha regarding immigration reform.  What exactly are the problems that are at issue?  We already have a vast array of student and work visas that could be leveraged IMO.  Beyond that, it's obvious that the more immigrants that achieve full citizenship will be voting for the Democrats.  Thus, a good middle ground would be a path to Green Card which provides most rights except for voting rights.  Green Carders might like that even better since they'd not need to be burdened by the civic duty of sitting on a jury.

-Scott