[Vision2020] Fw:[Spam 9.05] Dietary Supplements: Probiotics--Pros and Cons

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jul 18 13:24:40 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
Subject: [Spam 9.05] Dietary Supplements: Probiotics--Pros and Cons
From: "Berkeley Wellness Alerts"
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 07/16/13 13:09:18

 Sign Up For More Free Alerts Wellness Bookstore Manage Your Account View as Web Page E-mail to a Friend About Us
 Probiotics: Pros and Cons
 Email to a friend

Probiotics are a big and rapidly growing business, with annual global sales of products expected to rise to $42 billion by 2016.
The term probiotic refers to dietary supplements (tablets, capsules, powders, lozenges and gums) and foods (such as yogurt and other fermented products) that contain “beneficial” or “friendly” bacteria, as well as to the organisms themselves. They are promoted to improve digestion, strengthen immunity, help in weight loss and even protect against periodontal disease, among other proposed benefits, as well as for general health.
But will the friendly bacteria in these supplements and foods really help keep you healthy?
Read More

Berkeley Wellness Alerts Subscribers: The above link takes you to the new BerkeleyWellness.com. We want you to be the first to discover the new face of evidence-based wellness information here.
Berkeley Wellness brings you the expert-vetted wellness information you have come to expect from Berkeley Wellness Alerts in an easy to use, beautiful new site. We hope you enjoy this new wellness experience.

Follow our boards on Pinterest for tasty recipes, smart fitness tips and helpful pointers on healthy eating at Pinterest.com/Berkeleywell.

Please visit us on our facebook page at facebook.com/BerkeleyWellness. We'll be sharing more news there and want your feedback!

 2013 Wellness ReportDietary SupplementsIntroducing a new authoritative report on Dietary Supplements from the editors of the University of California, Berkeley Wellness Letter.
More Information

 You are currently subscribed to Berkeley Wellness Alerts as: lfalen at turbonet.com.
Send this e-newsletter to a friend: Click here
Unsubscribe from this mailing list: Click here
Unsubscribe from all Berkeley Wellness Alert mailings: Click here
Manage your Profile: Click here
To unsubscribe from other e-newsletters, contact Customer Service.
© 2013 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 750 3rd Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017