[Vision2020] New York Audio Show 2013: Colleen “Cosmo” Murphy's "Classic Album Sundays"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:34:03 PDT 2013

Of course, I've been reading about single ended tube amps for years...
Anyone with a subscription to Stereophile, or other audio magazines, could
not avoid this, if they read all the reviews, etc.  They are controversial
in the world of audio... Some love the sound they generate, others have
expressed opinions such as "They are expensive tone controls" regarding the
tonal irregularities sometimes involved.

I don't think the tube amp I built in the 1960s was single ended... I'm
almost certain it was push-pull...

If I may ask, what speakers are you using?  As you said, efficiency is
needed, well over 90 db one watt at one meter, as its sometimes measured,
with an amp below ten watts, otherwise you would be very limited in the
sound level of your system.

Thanks for the info on bottlehead.com... Never heard of them, and it's good
to see kits like this are still being offered...
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett