[Vision2020] PR UPDATED - Mayor Chaney to attend Let’s Move Meeting and Celebration and Introduce First Lady

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Tue Jul 9 13:33:00 PDT 2013

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
UPDATED — Mayor Chaney to attend Let’s Move Discussion in Washington DC

July 9, 2013 (Moscow, Idaho) — Mayor Nancy Chaney of Moscow, Idaho, has been invited to join a National League of Cities (NLC) Let’s Move Cities, Towns, and Counties (LMCTC) meeting hosted by NLC regarding the program and following that a LMCTC celebration hosted by First Lady Michelle Obama on July 10, 2013 in Washington DC. Chaney has also been invited by the NLC to introduce the First Lady at the celebration event.

The meeting will provide an opportunity for the National League of Cities, Health and Human Services and the National League of Counties to gather feedback from local elected officials participating in LMCTC on the initiative since the enhanced version was launched in July 2012. Additionally, it will provide local elected officials the opportunity to learn practical strategies to implementing LMCTC goals from peer cities, towns, and counties.

The celebration event to follow, hosted by the First Lady, will highlight elected officials and their roles as participants in the LMCTC initiative.  Mayor Chaney is honored to have been asked to introduce the First Lady at the event and says of the opportunity, “It is my great honor and pleasure to introduce our Nation’s First Lady, the incomparable Michelle Obama.  I am awed by her intellect, her grace under pressure, and by her willingness to tackle a goal so daunting as solving childhood obesity in a generation.”

The event may be streamed live from the White House live beginning at 10:30 a.m. PST on July 10 and if posted can be viewed at www.whitehouse.gov/live<http://www.whitehouse.gov/live>.

###

Story Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7006
Email: griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.