[Vision2020] Caturday (July 6, 2013)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jul 6 06:59:47 PDT 2013

Courtesy of MSN Now at:

http://now.msn.com/fourth-of-july-cats-illustrate-great-moments-in-us-history

--------------------------------------

Here's US history as told by cats

We were trying to get our cat excited about Fourth of July without involving him in sparklers or handling the barbecue supplies, so we told him about some of the great moments in American history. He gave us a hard stare and went back to sleep. So to get him more engaged we made a gallery of pictures of cats that we felt evoked the history lessons we'd told him about. (Cats flying high like the Wright Brothers or braving the Delaware like Washington.) We think it worked, because after he saw all the pictures he jumped up and kissed us right on the lips. Of course, the barbecue sauce all over our mouth might have helped.

--------------------

Paul Revere's midnight ride (1775)

--------------------

Declaration of Independence was signed (1776)

--------------------

Seneca Falls Convention; suffragists convene (1848)

Harlem Renaissance (1920s)

More "historical" cat photos at:

http://tinyurl.com/k29qmfz

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon