[Vision2020] A quick rant about the term "metadata"

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:17:29 PDT 2013

Two points.

1/ Generating distrust of government is a Republican campaign strategy.

2/ I don't see a see a substantive drop in crime as a result of increased security measures.

The idea that people are by nature evil and will go crazy unless you have prohibitive sanctions seems a little like the idea that increased acceptance of gays and lesbians will lead to an increase in sexual depravity. I'm not sure why people commit crimes but it isn't just because they can; likewise wrt being gay.

On Jul 5, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Scott Dredge