[Vision2020] Happy gun violence day!

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Mon Jan 21 21:55:11 PST 2013

Actually Paul, you have no idea what my “agenda” is.  Let me help you to understand what would happen if I were Queen of the Universe.

Rose’s Rules of Weapon Ownership.  (And by the way there is a little jingo about guns that you probably don’t know because you were never in the Marine Corps.  Delicacy prevents me from sharing it, but IMO the word weapon is actually a better choice of nouns in public discourse.)

1.       Proof  of successful completion of a certified weapon safety class (probably at least twenty hours of class room instruction and at least ten hours on a firing range)  for anyone who has not served on active duty in the military or  graduated  from a law enforcement academy prior to purchasing a weapon.

2.       Universal background check for all weapon dealers and buyers

3.       Required bonds for all weapon owners on a graduated scale depending on the type and number of weapons and munitions owned.  I’d called it a Liberty Levy.

4.       No legal magazines or clips can exceed five rounds.

5.       Proof of ownership of a weapon safe or sufficient trigger locks to disable the weapon when it is not in use.  Any owner of a weapon used in a criminal act is liable for prosecution unless the gun owner can prove that he/she has filed a stolen weapon report prior to the commission of the crime in which it was used.

6.       Prosecution of all private, unregulated weapon sales (seller and purchaser)

7.       Mental health intervention for anyone who thinks  a gun offers protection in a “dark and dangerous world” – which sounds more like a whine from a drug dealing, chaw-chewing, criminal in  Harlan County (check out Justified tomorrow night) than a resident of Moscow, Idaho.

8.       Every aspiring weapon owner and yada yada yada jackass who sprouts off about 2nd amendment rights must demonstrate a clear understanding of  <http://www.lawnix.com/cases/dc-heller.html> District of Columbia vs. Heller .

Get over yourself.  Now. I’m done with this pointless exchange.

Rose Huskey