[Vision2020] Thank You, BJ Swanson and Gritman Medical Center . . .

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Jan 18 03:28:29 PST 2013

. . . for being selfless and caring.

Courtesy of today's (January 18, 2013) Moscow-Pullman Daily News.

-------------------------------------
New leases in the works for Federal Building
Gritman Medical Center hopes to have the Moscow Federal Building at capacity within the next month with Palouse Properties providing property management and lease negotiations with current and potential tenants.
The hospital took possession of the property from the General Services Administration on Jan. 4, and had to move quickly to maintain county, state and federal tenant leases through a memorandum of understanding, said B.J. Swanson, Gritman board president.
"We didn't realize that GSA notified the tenants to stop paying at the end of the year," she said, and the MOUs keep lease terms the same as they were under the federal agency until new leases can be negotiated. "We're still negotiating with the state and that looks good. We also have two very interested looking potential tenants, so that's very exciting. Actually, we have three tenants and there's only room for two."
Gritman acquired the property during GSA's online auction in mid-October with a $2.38 million bid, and indicated its hope to keep all government tenants there. Swanson said the hospital has no immediate plans to move any of its offices into the building. Two medical practices have been identified as prospective tenants, she said, adding the Community Health Association of Spokane is not one of them.
"We're excited that they will be part of our community and we've been helping them look at and identify possible spaces," said Gritman spokeswoman Kelly O'Neill.
She said the hospital is working with GSA now on seven federal leases and two state leases, however, no prospective tenants can be identified at this time.
Latah County commissioners signed an MOU with Gritman on Jan. 7 for its 5,600-square-feet of office space, but a plan to negotiate for additional footage for the county's veterans services director and two sheriff's detectives has not yet taken place, said Commissioner Tom Stroschein.
"We're talking about leasing some additional space down there to get our veterans services person down there so he'll be in a separate room for more confidentiality," he said. "Then the sheriff is looking at some space for some more detectives, but nothing is firm yet."

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com