[Vision2020] trash conversations

rhayes at frontier.com rhayes at frontier.com
Wed Jan 16 13:21:32 PST 2013

Thank you for the response Tucker.
-Yes, it is sometimes difficult finding the time it takes to cook meals. However, it is a simple joy and is much more economical to do so. And it produces less waste.
-Composting, if one lives in an apartment or a place unsuitable for that activity is a problem. This is something the owner/or manager of living units should address. There are commercial composters available which could accommodate whole buildings. Eventually, that waste will have to be dealt with.
-Buying bulk foods is exactly that. Buy only as much as you need. No waste.
-Finally, if we want to talk dollars and "sense," what the city proposes doing is penalizing those who produce the smallest amount of waste.  Honestly, how fair is that? Also, I speculate that this will further burden those on fixed incomes.
Sincerely,
Roger

Why thank you for telling me how to live my life. Sorry but you may have the time to cook your own food all the time but I don't. Composting is a good idea but sorry I have no place to have one unless I put it in my living room. I do
 recycle as much as is allowed to be picked up. Bulk food is a good idea however if you don't use it all then you have to throw it out and I am sorry i don't have the money to just throw food away.
Sorry for the rant however no matter what the City does somebody is not going to be happy. Here is a thought maybe we just fight the fights worth fighting, is a little bit more money for trash service to have one can worth the fight? To some maybe.you for your response Tucker.