[Vision2020] Moscow trash rates

Craine Kit kcraine at frontier.com
Sat Jan 12 19:33:19 PST 2013

The problem isn't people abusing the system by putting out an extra can here and there. It's the city's failure to penalize people who put out all the extra little trash bags on top of and nestled around cans. Those clearly need to be tagged. Yet the collectors routinely pitch the overage into the truck without a thought or a penalty.

Why would anyone pay for a tag when the City will take the trash for free?

Because honest, responsible people play by the rules and pay their bills.

There is something wrong with punishing honest people in lieu of ticketing the freeloaders.

Kit Craine