[Vision2020] PR - Poverty on the Palouse Forum Meeting

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Fri Jan 11 11:47:09 PST 2013

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Poverty on the Palouse Forum Meeting

January 11, 2013 (Moscow, Idaho) - The 8th in a series of Poverty on the Palouse forums is scheduled for January 16th at 3:30 PM in the Moscow City Hall Council Chambers.  The public is invited to attend.

The series was initiated by Moscow Mayor Nancy Chaney in December 2010, to increase awareness of poverty-related issues in the area and to facilitate solution-driven interaction among stakeholders.  Steve Bonnar, Executive Director for Sojourners' Alliance homeless shelter, will preside at the next meeting.  Updates will be given on the Family Promise Program of the Palouse, Chas Clinic, Palouse Cares, and SNAP/EBT (Food Stamps) for the Moscow Farmers Market.  The main topic of discussion will be the League of Women Voters comprehensive Poverty Study.

For more information, contact Mayor Nancy Chaney at208.883.7021 or Steve Bonnar at 208.883.3438.

###

Story Contact: Jen Pfiffner, Assistant to the City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7123
Email: jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.